This question always pops up in your mind about what to eat after sweating for hours during the workout. But is there any snack or food that is healthy as well as would pamper your taste buds at the same time? Yes, there are many. Gym rats, do you know that around 60 percent of your fitness depends on the food and nutrition you take every day after every workout session? If we keep the 40 percent of development aside, the rest of the 60 percent of growth is still in our hands.
And today, we have gathered the top 5 snack options for a person like you who needs to be energized with a post-workout meal.
5 Protein Bars
This is the snack you don’t need to prepare. There is no need to peel or cook something. Instead, grab protein bars out of your pocket and fulfill the hunger. But you must be cautious while eating too many protein bars as it may provide you with lots of protein but also comes with carbs. Also, if you are a person who is striving hard to gain weight, then you must include a bunch of protein bars in your post-workout meal.
4 Scrambled eggs
We understand the hunger you feel after a workout. But it would be best if you had a snack that energizes you and is healthy at the same time. Scrambled eggs are a perfect breakfast for those who prefer a morning workout. You can elevate the taste of this recipe by adding avocados and bread with scrambled eggs. The best part of this recipe is that besides treating your hunger, it also provides nutrients that take care of your muscles and fill your body with energy.
3 Apple and Peanut Butter
Trust us; nothing would taste better than the combination of apples and peanut butter. If you want to experiment more with this snack, then trying almond butter instead of peanut butter would not also disappoint you. Cut some slices of apples, and then spread a good layer of peanut butter/ almond butter. And you would forget about the post-workout fatigue.
2 Sweet Potatoes
Next on our list is sweet potatoes. Packed with the goodness of vitamins and nutrients such as vitamins D, B6, and C. Coming to the minerals part, sweet potatoes contain proteins, calcium, magnesium, and fiber. With all these nutrients, it won’t be wrong to say that sweet potatoes are the healthiest and tastiest choices for the post-workout session.
1 Green Smoothie
Hopping to the last post-workout snack on our list that you must try out is a green smoothie. This yummy green smoothie will make you forget about the post-workout exhaustion. First, you need to take some leaves of green spinach, bananas, and apples and then blend them to make a perfect thick smoothie. Next, pour the smoothie into a glass and relish its taste.
Stay tuned as more is coming your way. And don’t forget to follow Health WriteUps for a daily dose of health-related articles.